Saturday, April 26, 2008

Treasures

I am having a great weekend!

Last night I read a bunch of Ali Edwards archived articles that she did for Creating Keepsakes magazine and was inspired to create. I re-organized some of my supplies and then started and completed a long overdue (can you say christmas) layout for my friends. We are scrapping the last 9 years that we've known each other. I was supposed to have 5 done at xmas. Oops. I'm not going to focus on that. Instead I'm going to focus on the fact that I love this lo. I just went with it and didn't worry if I made a mistake anywhere. Felt great when I went to bed.

Then this morning dh ad I got up (kinda) early and I headed out the door to the MV Big Flea (a community yard sale). I wasn't sure what I was going to find even though I had been checking out their blog about what they were selling. Needless to say I found the COOLEST stuff I have EVER found at a yard sale. I bought a bag of books for $1, a cute pink shelf unit for my crafting stuff, a black photo album that was a Target purchase by someone else, and three picture frames. I am most excited about the two below.


I did one round of polishing but these gorgeous silver frames still need some tlc. The one of the left has great wavy line details and is a Tiffany & Co frame. I paid $0.50 for it! Ahhhh. It's missing the glass but I think I can handle that. The one on the right is also solid silver and was made in India (according to its little sticker), sold by Pottery Barn. It has cards inside for each month that you move around as your calendar. How much for this one? Yep. $0.50!




And to think I almost passed on getting out of bed for it!

Now I'm off to visit with some local Bucknellians and some Pittsburgh Bucknellians. Both with ~1 yr. babies. It's sure to be one cute afternoon.

No comments: