Monday, June 30, 2008

She Came. We Played.

Open weekend...
Friday night of relaxing. Dinner. Movie. Catching up.
Saturday...homemade bagel sandwiches...then...
We "jogged" down to Roosevelt Island (DC style)


During our hike around the island we came across this tree. It must have come down during the nasty storms we've had in the past few weeks. Anyway, I had a flashback to this game my sister and family friend used to play. Anyone remember Chicken Limbo?????

Chicken Limbo's the one. Biggggg fun.

And repeat.

Didn't think so. Well, I had to dare her to limbo under it and, of course, she did it!


The center of the island has this great memorial to Pres. Roosevelt.

I love my seeester.
hahah. Eating Mr. President : ) Don't call the secret service!
Pretty fountains.


My town.


Underground supermarket. Love the hug going on in front of me.



Other great moments...
eating Black & Whites (cookies from Brooklyn, NY)
going to Sex & the City movie - loveedddd it!
having yummy Italian Store for lunch
enjoying the happy satisfaction of having hard salami for my lil' sis and seeing how happy it made her
finding the bathroom on the island! silly but sooo true.
doing everyday kind of things with my sister and husband (Target, grocery store, cooking..)
watching my husband and sister bond
I always have a hard time saying goodbye to friends and family. Its something I'm going to have to really work on when it comes time to say goodbye to kids in the future. It wasn't so bad this time because we were distracted by getting on the road to go to a wedding. More on that later....

love you sis.
miss you.
hope to see you again soon.




No comments: