Did you catch that?
The beginning to the Olympic Anthem?
Did you hear it in your head too?
I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!
They are so inspiring! My nights will won't be the same without them. I'll probably be getting more sleep but what I really mean (and I'll say it again) they are just so darn inspiring. My nights will hopefully have more working out, more crafting, more reading, more FUN stuff. Wooooooo. Can't you hear it?? That lovely anthem? Not only do I like watching the competition and being inspiried by all of the athletes in top shape, but I loveeeeeeeee the little stories that they get into. Did you learn about that swimmer who was hit by a car and had to have her leg amputated and was competing in the open water swim? What abou that 30 something year old gymnast? And Dara Torres?? Woooo! You can argue that they over played Michael Phelps but as a life long swimmer I am in awe. I mean come on! That 4x100 free relay!! That 100 fly finish!! You rock Michael Phelps. My Mike and I loved every minute of the swimming coverage and I've been devoted to following the other sports as well. I've enjoyed talking the swimming speak to other swimmers and friends. Even Mike and his dad have shared some "in awe" moments throughout the two weeks. It's been great to have that swimming connection sparked for a little while. Who knows...I may be inspired to train again or coach a little bit : )
Love this shot of Mike talking swimming to his dad in the wee hours of the night. He had also just watched the men's 4x100 free relay. Love how the Olympics bring people together. Love that its Mike and his dad here.

No comments:
Post a Comment